I made a post on my Instagram page last night about how I could not for the life of me stay grounded! I’m feeling drained and fatigued, but also overwhelmed. I've been trying a few different techniques to help me ground, so I wanted to share some insight on to what I have found to work!
First off, what does "grounding" mean? When we are not grounded, we might feel stressed, rushed, panicked, angry, clumsy, drained, overwhelmed, confused, or spacey. “Spiritual Grounding” is a technique to help activate the Root Chakra, but also helps to bridge the gap between your physical self and your spiritual self. So many of us aren’t grounded, due to stress, lack of mindfulness, but sometimes even trauma. Fears of dealing with "the here and now" also keep us from being grounded.
So, how do I stay grounded? It's not easy, but here are some techniques that have worked for me:
1. Get out in to nature! Yesterday I went out to Kananaskis with my family, and spent some time near the Elbow River. It was too cold to go barefoot, but if you can have your feet against the earth, perfect ! Over the summer I made a conscious effort to dip my toes in the water as much as possible, and walk barefoot on the grass.
2. Plant your feet down and visualize large roots coming from the soles of your feet, entering into the earth's core. This one always helps me- but it wasn’t until recently that I found adding in a beam of blue light from my Crown Chakra up in to the stars helped as well! Like a human kabob, which is weird but strangely helpful!
3. Root vegetables and root teas stimulate the Root Chakra, which is turn helps to stay grounded. Turmeric, beets, carrots, ginger, sweet potato, and earthy herbs are great. Last night I made a pumpkin elixir with cacao, pumpkin, coconut milk, turmeric, black pepper, honey, and some medicinal mushrooms like reishi and chaga. Warming, invigorating, and grounding!
4. Since I ground better in water, I ran a hot bath and soaked by candlelight with essential oils and bath salts. I used two different bath salts: one had clove, cinnamon and orange, and the other was a rose and lavender blend. I also used a root chakra blend of essential oils in the water. Trying to really place focus on my body and try and stay in the moment is particularly helpful for grounding.
5. My last tip for grounding is to stay on top of the spiritual work (which sounds counter productive but bear with me!) For me personally, my inability to stay grounded resulted in some major health issues. Back pain, kidney issues, and fatigue (just to name a few). The reason I couldn't stay grounded were from deeply repressed memories that my conscious mind didn't want to deal with, and being grounded would probably awaken those memories in order to be healed. I stayed on top of my Spiritual work, receiving healing treatments, and doing supplementary work like energetic cleanses. Right now, I'm working with some grounding crystals and Reiki, as well as doing an energetic kidney and adrenal cleanse. Healing any emotions or fears from staying grounded is the one thing that has the biggest impact on my health!
Hopefully these tricks will help you out, but as always, if you need more help, don't ever hesitate to reach out!
Until next time,